Read at your own risk! we require use of cookies

Tumbling further into this rabbit-hole may cause: dementia, insomnia, mood-swings, cranial detonation, nightmares, or cannibalistic urges. Your life will never be the same afterwards!

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Terrible Wonderland



Terrible Wonderland  by Chris  Acker  ( copyright 10-26-2012 )

In my youth I sought "the light"
in every dark room and road,
until one day I lost my sight
the world still dark and cold.

Whenever I'd stand-up to fight
I'd try and look all around,
but only I would see the night
as the beasts would knock me down.
 
Look at them, now look at me
and tell me what you see...
all the light and all the good,
everything I'll never be.

I look at you and i see the truth
i could never see as a youth...
The light is dark, and dark is real
Much more real than you.
 
This life is a game to lose or win
and this world is but a dream,
it matters not if we should sin
and die a death unclean.

I look at you, but in the dark
I can never tell you apart...
from shadows in the long cold night
nor my own blackened heart.
 
The Nothing was, and will be again,
once we leave this dragons den,
when we die, we escape this dream,
this "Terrible Wonderland"

The shadow is and will always be
the only light I'll ever see...
until I gasp my last breath
when death shall set me free
 
So, when you see light from the sun,
you'll know it's all an illusion.
The light is dark, and dark is real,
Much more real than anyone.

The Nothing is and it always was.
The shadow pure and darkness true,
for all light fades along with your gods
who are just as unreal as you.
 
All you know and all you say
and all the world will die someday.
But the Nothing is and will always be
the Truth that guides my way.

The Nothing is and it always was.
The shadow pure and darkness true,
for all light fades along with your gods
who are just as unreal as you.